Saturday, May 30, 2009
We Are Still Alive
Forgive me for this very long delay but since moving (I LOVE our new place!) we haven't had the internet so I haven't really had the chance to update. Confession: I technically shouldn't be doing it now but opened the laptop to do something for church while Dan was using the desktop and happened to notice that I had internet access, thanks I am sure to one of my neighbors that I am currently stealing from. Now that we have that out of the way . . . Things are going well for our little family. Dan is done with school for the summer and it is SO great to have him home more. The last couple weeks we even had a whole day together on his day off. Sadly, I am going back to work for one day a week starting Monday and Dan will stay home with Shad since that is his day off and so we won't have a full day together anymore. However, I remind myself that it is probably best not to get use to it since that doesn't happen during the school year anyway. Shad is doing really well and continuing to progress and grow. At two and a half months he finally grew into the 0-3 months clothes and out of the newborn ones. He is smiling like crazy now, and especially loves doing some pretty extreme pelvic thrusts, most especially while undressed (yeah, he is exactly like his dad.) He is also right on the verge of starting to laugh, and I wear myself out trying to make it actually happen. Above all though he loves to stand up while you hold his hands. If you put your hands close to his he grabs on tight and tries to pull himself up, it is pretty funny. Most of all we are enjoying the nice weather and getting out for walks with Solo etc. Hope everyone else is having a great summer and I hope to add pictures soon when I am not participating in thievery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mikaela! Thanks for the birthday wish. I had fun reading your post... you crack me up. Dan and Shad are alike, huh? We miss you guys and hope all is well. We're back in Spain and doing great. We're excited to move to Arizona and are glad we'll at least be on the same continent as you guys again. We'll make sure to call soon. Maybe even today if you're lucky ;) Miss you!
P.S. I LOVE the new pic on your header. Shad is such a beautiful little boy!
Post a Comment