
Dan always said he would prefer our children do extreme sports than traditional team sports, and it is looking more and more like that might be the case. Rock climbing might interest Shad, as of this point climbing ANYTHING interests Shad. The list includes but is not limited to: the stools, the kitchen chairs, the bookshelves, the window, the couches, computer desk, the closet doors, the fridge, the bathroom cupboards, his crib (fortunately he is too short to get further than his knees with his arms above him for most of these things) his toys (the ball popper is one of his favorites to knock over and climb on), me, and of course poor Solo. Shad is at the point of obsession. Today he woke up during his nap and started to climb around and then fell asleep and fell over again. This picture of him at the bookshelf was followed by a less flattering one of his eyes closed, not from the flash but because he was so tired he couldn't keep them open. Don't worry though, he was still climbing. Apparently, he inherited his dad's will to never give up. Maybe he will be like his cousin,
Zayden, and climbing flag poles by the age of eight. It wouldn't be the only thing they have in common. I am ready to admit my son has some red in his hair. Now if I could just figure out how to keep "C" from being for concussion since I obviously can't completely prevent the climbing we could all relax a little.
6 comments:
Haha, sounds like my boys. It's only just beginning! Wait till he can climb OUT of his crib! That is SO fun! =) He's such a cutie though! Miss you!
I can't believe he's not even walking and he can climb! What a cutie. Jay was never a climber so I can't sympathize but like you said, at least it looks like he'll be into extreme sports for Dan's sake!
"C" is also for crazy, looks like that is what he is doing to his mom. Driving her crazy. Wait till he goes running down the slippery floor and falls flat on his back. Thats fun too!!
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! UM..... FRIEND! Just by chance you happen to know Anna Connelly, who I have known for a super long time. LOOK at you! YOu have a little boy! We've got some catching up to do! I've missed our chats, that I slacked off with. OH, how glad I am for blogs. What a small world....
XO,
Tracy
P.S. my blog is beltsrgreat.blogspot.com
Mikaela! I can't even believe it! Tracy told me she found you and it made me so happy! Your little boy is adorable. It sounds like you have been doing great and stuff. I have two boys myself...I'm a little partial to boys! :) Well hey if you get a chance, my shoot me an email or something! I'd love to hear from you! And I can send you an invite to my blog :)
emilyjeanjudd (at) gmail (dot) com
Post a Comment