You amaze me. I just wanted to take a moment to let you know how very much I love you. You are one of the hardest-working, honest, determined people I know and I can't express how grateful I am for that. Thank you for letting so many of my faults slide and recognizing strengths I didn't even know I had. Thank you for being an amazing father and never making Shad or I feel like we don't come first. Thank you for staying strong even when you may feel like you are the only holding it together and you deserve a break-down of your own. I love you for inspiring (very different from telling) me to want to be better and do my best. I love you for still being silly and not taking the small stuff serious. I love your lack of vanity and your enthusiasm for your interest. I love your ability to set and stick to goals. I love seeing you dressed up for your internship, I love seeing how happy you are to see Shad and how much he adores you. We both adore you. I hope you have a wonderful day and know how truly special you are.
Love,
MK
Dear Shad,
I never thought I would rather spend the day with a two-year old that refuses to talk over adult conversation, but I guess life surprises you sometimes. Sometimes the days are long and I am not as patient as I need to be but I never, ever, ever want you to doubt that it is worth it. YOU are worth it! I love you with everything I have. I love that you turn your piano on and dance in circles, I love that you wake up happy, I love that you lick instead of kiss. I love that when you are feeling silly you give crazy strong hugs and that when you get embarrassed you cover your eyes with your hands and stand still like maybe I won't see you. I love that you have my crazy love for animals, almost nothing gets you as excited as seeing a horse or cow while we are driving. I say almost because you have an enormous "thing" for the garbage truck right now. Surprising, since most loud noises still terrify you-including the vacuum- you absolutely love the garbage truck, even if we just pass it driving down the road. You scream "WOW" every time you see it and get super excited. However, your favorite is getting to watch it empty the dumpster from our sliding door. You wait until it has gone through the entire neighborhood just to watch. I love that you aren't afraid of people and you love time with your cousins and aunts, uncles and grandparents. I love everything about you. Thanks for centering my life and teaching me to live with my heart outside my chest every day.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment