Dear Shad,
Where do I start? You are such a sweet, good-natured kid and I am so very grateful for that. I especially love your enthusiasm and your imagination. Lately you have been talking about alligators and sasquatch wherever we go and it is hilarious to hear what is going on in your little mind. You also have a funny new habit of saying, "cute!" any time I get dressed or try something on. I have no idea where you picked it up since neither Dad or myself do this, but you sound exactly like my sisters and it cracks me up. Despite the fact you also think a yellow shirt looks good with blue and red plaid shorts, it is a nice pick me up for a ever-growing pregnant mom to hear she looks cute every day. You are doing so great with your potty-training, even staying dry at night despite having a diaper on, I am so proud of you. I love how quick you are to smile, laugh and give hugs and kisses, even if we have been having a rough day. You are so quick to forgive and sensitive, I hope that never changes. Despite that you are definitely all boy, and can wrestle and run around crazy with the best of them. You love to be outside and to take Solo for hikes or ride your bike. You also still loved cars and trains and watch for the train anytime we are in the car. You built great things with your blocks and I am impressed by your creativity and inventiveness, even if sometimes I can't figure out what you are trying to get me to help you build. I love you so much and I am sure you are going to make a great older brother and watch out for your little sister. We are lucky to have you in our family and hope you know how special you are!
Love,
Mom
Dear Dan,
I won't make this too personal since it is online and you are a private person. But I wanted everyone to know how much I truly love and appreciate you. The last year brought a lot of change we hadn't expected and through it all you have been the one steady thing I can always count on. Even if that meant packing up the house alone, or catching a flight with a two year old with only a few hours notice, or picking up ALL of the slack when I was sick, sad and non-productive. I can't imagine having anyone else by my side. You are an amazing Dad, you make parenting look effortless and that playing blocks would be the best thing in the world even when I know you really want to be out riding your bike or something. I also can't express enough what a hard worker you are. I wish (and you probably do too) that I had half your drive. Thank you so much for all you do and the kind, patient, supportive husband that you are. I am so grateful I get to spend not only the rest of my life, but forever with you. I would have never guessed nine years ago that we would end up in Arizona and loving it, but I am grateful for the blessings we didn't see coming.
All My Love,
MK
No comments:
Post a Comment