Monday, October 22, 2012
Praying for Chase
October 11th my sister, her husband and three other children welcomed the arrival of their healthy and handsome fourth baby. Things were good but crazy as they moved the same week. He is a very good baby and my sister said sitting and holding him is heaven. Saturday he was taken to the hospital because he was panting and later that day he had to be life-flighted to LA due to a couple congenital heart defects. He will have to have open heart surgery to repair the defects in his heart. They are unsure when surgery will take place or how many separate operations it may take. He is in the NICU on a ventilator and nutritionally being sustained through IV's. Sadly, his family can't hold him in their arms right now. I am sure he has a set of angel grandparents that are wrapped around him now and I am grateful for that. He needs them more than we do. If that is the only positive thing I could say about losing my parents (and it isn't) it would be enough to make it worth it. At this time he is stable and his family is being helped and supported by their friends, family and ward. However, I ask anyone who reads this to please pray for Chase. And also pray for Chase's mom, dad and siblings as they carry this tremendously heavy burden. It is just another reminder of how grateful I am to know that no matter what happens our Father in Heaven is in the details and loves us and most importantly we will all be together in the next life. I am also grateful to know that little children are saved. If Chase leaves this life much much too soon for all of those who love him, he will be escaping a difficult world and be reunited with God, our Savior Jesus Christ and all of his loved ones on the other side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my! How sad and what a difficult thing for them to deal with. Many prayers for Chase, Brandi, Ben and all of you will be offered. I hope things go well and he gets healthy and strong in no time. Please keep us posted!!
oh my goodness that is so unbelievably hard. I will definitely keep Chase in my prayers! I love reading your blog Mikaela! You are such an amazing example of strength and faith to me.
Oh my gosh, I can scarcely believe this is really happening. Enough pain and suffering for one year for sure. So grateful you posted this as I haven't heard from her since Chase's birth. We'll definitely keep them in our prayers and on the temple roll. I agree with Emily that you are a marvelous example of strength and faith, and I know your parents are so proud of all of you. Love you.
Thank you for calling my mom so that we could all be praying for Chase and all of you! My thoughts and prayers are being sent with lots of love.
Post a Comment