Sunday, November 2, 2008
In Response
First off, the combination of tube socks and slips ons isn't that weird unless you're wearing a skirt, which I wasn't. (despite the fact that those who responded seem to reply as if it is weird and she should be accepted in the attire.) Second, I found whatever is comfortable is what you wear when you are pregnant, which Dan wouldn't be able to understand. (I never knew that tube socks and slip ons were so comfortable.) Third, we are not naming our child Abednego Nebuchaneezer or ever, ever in all of time considering calling our child Wes for short. Those who know me well would understand why I would be against this. Unfortunately Dan finds the subject of a certain ex-boyfriend hysterical, perhaps understandably from his point of view. However, mentioning him at random or not so random times really isn't as funny to me as it is to Dan. Some people are born without wisdom teeth, Dan was born without the capacity for jealousy, which is an excellent attribute most of the time, but highly obnoxious when it comes to this subject. (That's what she thinks.) Finally, the furniture is not huge and was an excellent deal. (I work at a furniture store which clearly makes me more of an expert on this issue.) Aside from that not much else is new. Conveniently now that Dan has finished midterms I have been able to hold myself together. Unfortunately for Dan, I seem to have emotional breakdowns precisely when he most deserves to. In regards to the potential name, the poll was a failure. Riley, Lance, and Asher were only on there as false options. We were hoping people would leave more comments. (There were 7 comments which I believe is an abundance in the blogging world.) So we are still trying to think of other ideas, neither Shadrach or Kingston seems perfect. (I am totally lost! I thought she liked both of those names and didn't realize we were starting from scratch. This must be a pregnancy thing and she will be certain about one of those names tomorrow. I am learning that diversity of affective experiences is one of the benefits of pregnancy.) I am done because I am dictating to Dan and it's too weird. (Commentary contained in the parentheses is provided by Dan.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Mikaela,
I'm with you, it's not that weird to wear tube socks with slip ons, if you aren't wearing a skirt. And I figure since you're pregnant, you definitely get to wear whatever you want.
As far as baby names, I've got nothing... let's face it, I'll have a hard enough time naming my own children and I'm married to stubborn number 3 (Micah=1, Daniel=2).
Good luck,
EMILY
let's see some tummy photos!!!!! you say it's big. i doubt that. you can't be bigger than me. I'm huge.
Not that I have anything to say in regards to what I learned and/or didn't want to picture (namely tubesocks, miniskirts, low-cut blouses and Wes), but rather, I'd like to thank you both for giving me a good, deep laugh. You two are hilarious!!! This blog idea was the next best thing behind supplying me with free dinners for a cumulative 2 weeks.
Go Abednego Nebuchadnezzar Phillips!
-Brother Zook
ha ha ha, you guys crack me up. I loved the Dan side-comments. So Mike and I really think Kingston would be a good name for your son so don't rule it out completely. And Mikaela... you know I was just teasing about the tube socks :) Although if I ever see you in them with a skirt on, it's on! j/k We can't WAIT to see you guys. Looks like we'll be heading out to Utah on the 15th (provided we can catch a military plane that day). We'll be sure to give you a call when we get in so we can plan something. Talk to you guys soon!
I found your blog via Tiff's. I was glad to hear that you are pregnant. Boys are so great! I just had our boy in August. He is an easy baby. I am convinced that had I have had a girl, I wouldn't have had it so good. As for names...good luck. It is so hard to find boy names, I think. If all else fails, it will come to you once he pops out. They come out looking like certain names and not lkike others. A name will fit once you see him. It's good to see that you are doing well.
sjnicolaysen.blogspot.com
Huh? I have no idea what you mean by mother of 2. Where did I write that? I'm confused. No, I am not a mother of 2 yet nor will I be in the near future (maybe a year from now at the very nearest). I'll leave the child bearing up to you for now :) Can't wait to see you guys SOON!
Post a Comment