Sunday, October 26, 2008

MIKAELA IS WEARING TUBE SOCKS AND SLIP ONS

There have been interesting results of pregnancy for Mikaela.  Overall, she has handled it remarkably well, however in her own words this last week was a "down and further down week" when I suggested it had been an up and down week.  Today she wore tube socks and slip ons after church.  I don't believe I am remiss in seeing this as an oddity despite her claims that it's normal.  Not to mention that her shoes emit an odor that reminds me of my late '80s checker board slip ons.  In my defense, I was a prepubescent child with various body odors.  She also went through all of primary with her top button undone.  She claims that this was unitentional but who knows.  What is a good sign is her response to me typing this.  She is laughing about it and acting kind of silly.  This means that it is going to be a better week.  We lent our sofa to my brother and his wife to make room for the enormous baby furniture she had purchased with her mother.  Fortunately for our little bundle of boy he will be able to use the furniture for the rest of his life because it's larger than adult furniture.  I know this is true because I am presently a furniture professional.  Thank you for your voting and comments regarding the name of our child.  We have settled on the name Abednego Nebuchadnezzar Phillips and will call him Wes for short.  Please let us know what you think!  There is not much else to report and no pictures.  Maybe at some point we will be interesting enough to put pictures in our posts.  Don't hold your breath.  Adios!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are a riot! I think I am waking people up right now 'cause I am sitting at the computer laughing out loud. I forgot to check out the blog when Mikaela first told me about it so I missed the name election. At this point I am content 'cause I am getting another grandchild. I already had one prayer answered, and I think there might be a personal limit. Since I have a few other really important prayers I would like answered, I am going to let the name battle be one that I choose not to be engaged in. I'll just make my comments after it is too late! Love ya. Brenda/Mom

Unknown said...

Abednego? interesting guys :) M - tube socks and slips-ons, huh? this may be a new low. And it may be time to invest in some new shirts since you seem to be "popping out" of your current ones. We can't wait to see you in a few weeks! And Dan, as far as the furniture goes, just be glad she didn't buy the $2000 baby stroller. Besides, kid furniture these days really can go from day 1 to year 100. Get used to your house being taken over by all things baby.

Joy said...

First off, Congratulation! I'm glad you're going with Abednego, that was going to be my vote even though it wasn't on your poll. Did you know that everyone else from our office is pregnant? (well, the ones you started with) Dan, you should give them a call, and you can swap stories. That would be so fun for you!

jessicalangprice said...

Nice, I like the new name. ;) No, not so much really. Not this one at least. Mikaela, wear whatever you want girl - you're allowed to while you're preggers. And Dan, it's a good thing you're documenting it and she's laughing about it. Just wait till she pulls out the ice cream and pickles!

Dan said...

comment