Monday, February 23, 2009

Shad was born on February 20th at 8:23 pm.  He weighed 6 lbs. and 11 oz. and was 19 inches long.  As mentioned in the last post, the labor was 21 and 1/2 hours and Mikaela did the whole thing natural.  I must say that I was both amazed and impressed with her perseverance.  Since Shad was born things have gone smoothly.  He seems to be doing well but doesn't have much of an appetite.  He is pretty laid back and likes to look around to see what is going on.  We came home from the hospital on Sunday and Mikaela's mom has generously been helping out.  Mikaela and her mother took care of the baby throughout the night.  The biggest challenge so far seems to be convincing him that he needs to eat.  The voluptuous nature of his mother does not make the eating easy but I am sure he will get the hang of things.  Both Mikaela and the baby are doing well and we sincerely appreciate all the support our friends and family have given us!  There are so many people that have done so many nice things it is impossible to even name everyone.  Please know that we appreciate the kindness that has been shown to our little family!  



What a little pimp!



2 comments:

Victoria, like the Queen said...

Congratulations Mikaela and Phil--you are going to be a wonderful parents!

jessicalangprice said...

Yay, more pictures! Keep 'em coming. I like how subtly you put her "voluptuous nature." Isn't that a treat? NOT. He'll start eating soon I'm sure, once he realizes that is his full-time job now. Hope you're enjoying...