Saturday, September 12, 2009

FINALLY!!!

First off . . .  a little clarification, no I am not depressed and don't need therapy ( I live with a soon-to-be-therapist after all).  Apparently, my last post sounded a bit mellow-dramatic and I received a few concerned phone calls.  I do appreciate the concern, however, I was joking!!  Hopefully I have not become so serious people no longer understand a joke from me.  On another very exciting note, I have finished my forever and ever knitting project and I must say I am thoroughly impressed.  For the benefit of all, but mostly so I can brag, here are a few photos:
Front View:

Close-up:

Back View (notice the button-holes ;o)):

7 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh Mikaela, it is adorable! We're totally getting her pictures taken in that dress - hopefully you can still stand to give it away after all that hard work! :) I'm glad you posted pics - you definitely deserve to brag about it!

Daisha said...

Holy Cow! That is amazingly beautiful! When did you learn to knit?!

Karissa said...

You go girl! Nice work, its awesome!

Unknown said...

WOW!!!! Mikaela that is incredible! How in the world did you make it??? I think I definitely need a few more knitting lessons. All I can make are squares ;) Seriously, well done. It's beautiful.

Mikaela said...

In reply, Thank you for your compliments. Daisha, to answer your question I began knitting about a year and a half ago on accident (long story, I got volunteered to help a niece with a project that was suppose to be crochet but wasn't) I didn't really do anything else with it until I got pregnant. At that time I thought I might be more excited about the baby on the way if I made a few baby things and I have been knitting like crazy every since!! Although, honestly most of the stuff I make isn't for Shad obviously!! I did make the sweater he was blessed in though and lots of hats and a blanket and some booties and lots of stuff for me and friends!

Kylen and Adrienne said...

Wow, it looks great! You'll have to start teaching me more knitting when I'm too pregnant to sit at the sewing machine...I'll need SOMETHING crafty to work on :)

jessicalangprice said...

Mikaela, that is truly GORGEOUS. So are you planning on having a little girl? I hope you do! Shad is so handsome and you can start to see what he'll look like! I love that. I want to commission you to make Aiden's baby blessing outfit...what do you think?