Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pony Ride

Shad has officially been on his first pony ride. Unlike me, who waited until I started riding lessons at ten, he got to go at just seven months. And this was no boring miniature little pony, he is a half Percheron-half thoroughbred and over seventeen hands tall!! It is a terrible picture, and never-mind the bare feet-I wasn't planning on riding either! I purposefully wore flip-flops and jeans that are uncomfortable to ride in so my friends wouldn't feel like they had to let me ride--but obviously that didn't work. Shad fell asleep and I caved quite easily when Karissa suggested I get Bentley out. He was sooo fun to ride too-great purchase Kris! I put the picture of my dad on freckles so you could truly appreciate the size of Bentley. You have to compare things in the background to really get it. Also, if you are wondering how Shad ended up on the horse if he was asleep . . . he of course woke up very soon after I got on. Thanks again Karissa and hopefully this is the beginning of a love affair for Shad-although I don't think he really cared yet.



Bentley and I in front of the barn . . .
and my dad and Freckles, notice how much lower my dad is sitting.




4 comments:

Dan said...

Shad says that while he respects and encourages his mother's love of horses he will be busy with other more important hobbies including cycling and wakeboarding. At least that is what he told me.

Unknown said...

I love it! Only 7 months and you're already gently nudging Shad towards his future hobbies :) I don't see why he can't do all 3. I'm glad you guys are getting him into things early though, that way he won't be scared to try them when he's an adult - like me! I'm finally okay with the wakeboarding, but horses still scare me. Sorry Mikaela. By the way, Shad is looking more and more like a miniature Dan every day. He is just adorable (Shad I mean... don't take that the wrong way). So guess what??? We're coming to Utah on October 31!!! Surprise! We'll be there about a week so you better have some time for us. We'll talk soon.

Emily said...

Oh my gosh that horse is HUGE! How cool to take Shad on his first ride though, it will be fun to see if horses will be one of his passions too :)

P.S. I wonder if your dad felt gypped riding the "small" horse :)

jessicalangprice said...

How funny, that is a big horse, quite a lot bigger than the one Kelsey rode at the zoo ;). I'm sure he will be a fan of riding horses!