For Shad's birthday we asked my mom to get decorations for his room instead of other gifts since it was still completely bare, as Dan referred to it, a blank canvas. I went and picked them out with her and we had a lot of fun shopping together and coming up with a whole look we would like. We found a great set of decals at an AMAZING price that I loved. The whole set had over 75 decals although about fifteen or twenty had pink on them so we didn't use them. Shad loves being outside, I love trees and he loves animals-especially the owl sound so it all seemed to fit. There are also some leaf, flower and other plant decals by the floor but I didn't think the picture of those was quite necessary. We got the letters for his name and the frames on sale from Michael's and I then painted the letters white and stained the frames. I think it turned out pretty great and considering the budget it couldn't get much better. Thanks so much mom, I think Shad will appreciate a little personality in his room!
The saying above the window was a christmas gift from my sister a few years ago. It says, "life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." It just keeps getting more and more true for us. Wish you could see the squirrel better in the picture, that is what is on the branch on the right side.
Don't you love the pictures I chose for the frames! ;op Haven't quite gotten that far. He seems to think the hedgehog is pretty fun to look at while he is changed.
Leftover paint from the trim and doors that was in the house when we bought it meant the letters match perfectly and I didn't even have to buy paint, love it!
6 comments:
that is so adorable!!! lucky little guy!
You did a great job with his room. He must LOVE it!!!
Wow I'm impressed! Can you and Jess please come decorate my house (when I actually have one)? I think it's time we moved back to Utah too. I miss all of you.
Super cute! I love it!
LOVE his room! It looks soo cute!
I love the way his room turned out - you guys did an awesome job!
Post a Comment