Monday, November 8, 2010

Cutest Trick-or-treater ever!

Dan was not a fan of this costume, but still couldn't wait to see him when we met up at his parents for the family Halloween party.



Shad and I Saturday night. (There was a rain-drop on the lens)


Seriously?! Who taught him to peck for corn?

Him and aunt 'Chelle. They had a great time playing hair-dresser earlier in the day. Luckily, his costume covered his flat-ironed bangs and the 1/2 cup of gel in his hair.
I have always disliked Halloween, and Dan has never really been into either so we usually just lay low and try to make sure Solo doesn't escape when people knock on the door. This year however, I really wanted to dress Shad up in something really fun, so I started to think pretty early. I went through several different ideas trying to think of something that would be cheap to make but also fun. I first thought I wanted him to be a penguin, but too expensive, and all the second-hand costumes I saw online weren't what I had in mind. Then I decided a skunk would be cute, but made the mistake of googling it, seeing the cutest costume I have ever seen in my life for $60 and knew, if it wasn't that skunk, it wasn't going to be what I wanted. I then had the idea that a rooster would be so hilarious, so I called my mom to see how much she thought feathers would cost. She had no idea, and told me to look online, but in the process I explained my idea. She thought it sounded cute, wished me luck and hung up. Then called right back. Her and my Aunt who was visiting had just been at Goodwill and my aunt said they actually had a chicken costume. Perfect, she went back the next day, picked it up and mailed it. I then proceeded to cross dress my child in some red striped girls leggings and made the cutest chicken I have ever seen. Even better, he loved wearing it too and everyone got a kick out of it. I really should have gotten video of him running around in it because I bust up laughing out loud every time he did. Even better, he didn't really think he needed a lot of candy, he would just trade what he had for something out of the person's bucket. So, despite going to a trunk-or-treat both Friday (our wards disaster previously mentioned) and Saturday (my sister-in-law asked if she could watch Shad that day while I worked so he could go with them to theirs), he ended up with about five pieces of candy total. I sent a picture of his loot to my mom and she called saying she wanted to send him candy. I had to explain that he didn't really care about it, and remind her that he isn't even two and her husband is a dentist and would be ashamed. Not to mention all the candy sitting on the counter Dan and I have been eating.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love his costume! It turned out way cute! Brooklyn was a dragon, what I consider a boy costume, so as long as they're cute, they could be about anything I guess :)

keri said...

Super cute costume! You have one cute little guy there!!