Sunday, November 14, 2010

Someone Must Have Told.

As of yesterday the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints dissolved all "Activities Committees" worldwide. All activities will now be planned by the Auxillaries in meetings that already happen. This of course means I was immediately released. They must have found out about the fire alarm. . . .



In all seriousness, I truly believe it will not only make planning events easier and more cohesive, but will also eliminate unnecessary meetings and be a great benefit. One more example of how our leadership receives constant inspiration to better carry out our Heavenly Father's will and bring people to Christ. To learn more about our faith and what we believe visit:

I hope I am not in trouble for copying this picture but it is by one of my FAVORITE artists and an amazing guy, Walter Rane. Not that he needs publicity-he is well known but if you want to see more visit www.walterrane.com, or just start looking for his name on paintings in chapels, church magazines etc. There are four prints of his paintings in our chapel alone, and I have two in my house.

4 comments:

Kylen and Adrienne said...

Yeah, that is awesome! I'm so happy that the worlwide training kept emphasizing simplicity so we're not having so many meetings and things that we lose focus on people. Interesting how our prayers can be answered, eh?

Emily Judd said...

hooray for fewer meetings! and I love that picture!

Tracy said...

Yep, I was at that leadership training meeting yesterday (RS secretary). When the announcement was made there was some heads nodding and some surprised gasps. But our bishop also released all those on our activities committee too.

Now your in for it. Back to the nursery for you! :)

Kenzy said...

The only bad part is that you don't know what calling will be next. Primary President? Young Women's President? You never know......