Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sharing the Magic

A few weeks ago it was getting late in the evening and we were waiting for Dan to get home pretty bored. I had tried playing hide-and-go-seek, trucks, reading books etc. but Shad was having a hard time. Brownies sounded really good and I contemplated putting Shad to bed so I could make some before thinking he might enjoy it. I recalled that making cookies etc with my mom was always one of my favorite things and it might be pretty fun for Shad too. He loved standing on the stool and wanted to be right in the middle of things. I am so glad I took the time to slow down and share it with him, and Dan is always glad when Shad is up when he gets home. It was fun to do something different with Shad and see how interested he really was in helping.

Getting started

He took his job pretty seriously, look at that concentration!


Sneaking a taste!


No point in baking if you aren't going to lick the spoons, right?

Terrible picture of me, but we had a great time!

5 comments:

Emily Judd said...

Baking with my kids is one of my (err their) favorite things to do. They love it! And although it is getting crazy with two sets of hands dying to help I grew up helping my mom in the kitchen so I want my kids to do the same! Shad is so cute and getting so big!

Kenzy said...

Yum! That makes me want to do some baking too. Shad looks like he definitely enjoyed cooking with you. So Cute!

Britanee Walker said...

Rian loves to help me cook anything (not that i bake much since i leave that up to you lol). looks like he enjoyed it!

Jenn said...

So cute! Now I'm craving brownies, dang you. My boys love to help me too, and I try to be patient with them because...as you may remember...my mom wasn't. Haha. Shad is super cute Mikaela!

Brenda Burningham said...

I love the look of excitement on his face when you were getting started, and the look of total satisfaction after he got to lick the spoon! What a cute little boy. I can't wait to see him this weekend! (and you and Dan too! MOM