Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Mom and Dad's funeral.
okay, much longer post to be included later, however the funeral was beautiful and amazing and I still can't get over how many people came. I will include my portion of the eulogy because several people who were not there have wanted to know what I said, hopefully I can get some pictures, I didn't think to take any. sometimes your parents are suppose to remind you of still like taking pictures of the family and so . . . a few things got missed. I also hope to get my brothers part of the eulogy and perhaps sum up my brother in law Ben's remarks. Ryan pounded the Organ and it was AWESOME. I jumped at first thinking he had messed up and then remembered, "no, he just plays it that loud." I loved every minute of it. We also had Bridge over Troubled Water sang, a male/female duet by a girl in the stake and her father with was also amazing and Brandi's good friend played Pachabel's "Canon in D" which has made me cry every time I have heard it since I was four years old, except that time. It was incredible and I honestly loved every minute of it. As the five of us traveled to the gravesite behind the motorcyclists that rode their bikes in tribute (so touching for them to come out and do that, especially the good friends who had ridden or looked forward to riding with my parents) we all remarked how much we enjoyed the funeral and would honestly love to go back and do it again. It was beautiful. We sang "How Great Thou Art" just as we had at my dad's father's and my mom's mother's funerals and then also sang "Our Savior's Love". I wish I could just put a video on here, it was that special. And yes, I will have to re-write this whole post, but I got some ideas down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It was the most beautiful funeral I have ever been to. One I will never forget. You all did an amazing job of getting it to be everything that they would have wanted. Thanks for sharing your thoughts...and your beautiful euology!
Post a Comment