Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Bailey's blessing

 We were lucky enough to bless Bailey with all of Dan's family and my sister Brandi's family as well as my brother Dustin.  We were enjoying our annual Phillips family vacation in St George (blog post to come later) and everyone gathered in support of this special event.  It was a beautiful day and she was an angel.  The family made an amazing luncheon and were so gracious to share this day with us.  I felt bad expecting it to be a low key affair and not really realizing all the trouble everyone else went to until Sunday morning.  I should have known.  Karen and the Phillips clan know how to throw a party and this was certainly no exception.  I am lucky to have such amazing in laws and I am grateful my children have wonderful grandparents willing to spoil them enough for two sets.   I am grateful to my husband, for being a worthy priesthood holder able to provide these special blessings.   We were glad to be surrounded by so many people who love us and Bailey.  Being St George at the end of July I thought we would keep her cool in a summer dress.  I made the shoes before she was born and they just happened to match a dress my sister's gave me perfectly by coincidence.  The blanket was crocheted by Grandma Joy and the flower in her hair came from my mother's wedding dress.  



1 comment:

Daisha said...

Oh, she is just so adorable!