Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Bailey at one year

     Last week Bailey had her one year check up.  Other than giving her peanut butter for the first time there was nothing too surprising or different about it.  With Shad I never had to deal with the whole "first time having Peanut Butter" because certain family members had snuck it to him at nine months and we therefore knew he wasn't allergic.  As irritated as I was at the time that happened, it was really nice to not have to be the one to do it.  I was so nervous about it with Bailey I actually waited until we were in the waiting room at the Pediatrician's office to give her a Peanut Butter and jelly sandwich for the first time.  I know, I am totally insane.  However, I realized if she did happen to have an anaphylactic reaction, that the Dr's office was the best place to do it and we could immediately give her some steroids and Benadryl and be fine.  Much less stressful than at home.  Also, in my defense the nurse thought it was genius.  Anyway, she was totally fine, which deep down I knew she would be.  She is getting much closer to walking and pushes EVERYTHING around downstairs on our solid floors.  If it slides she is pushing it, including the chairs to the kitchen table and the coffee table.  Her stats are about the same for her.  At 17 pounds she is still under the chart in weight but is now steadily following her curve again so we aren't worried.  Her height continues to bounce between the 20-30% range and the 65-75% range.  She will probably average out at the 50% we are guessing.  As of right now she is tall at 30 inches.  Her head circumference is also staying steady between the 30 and 50% range. Also, the Dr quit worrying about her torticollis months ago.  When I asked Dan about it a while back he assured me I was being over paranoid.  She is happy and healthy and was a trooper about shots!  We are so lucky to have such an easy-going baby girl!

No comments: