Sunday, October 5, 2008

This is Dan

You can all thank me for removing the widget that displayed an alien looking mammal floating in a circular bubble of nothingness.  I think that a child's appearance is less than flattering prenatally.  Unfortunately, Mikaela has access to the ultrasound machine at work and we have printouts of aliens all over the apartment.  I think she takes an hourly ultrasound and have some concern for the affects this may have on our child.  Let's be honest, the child is already at a significant disadvantage having been laced with my genetics.  That's assuming, of course, that the child is indeed mine.  I have been impressed with how well Mikaela has handled the pregnancy.  She has knitted nearly as many items for the child as she has taken pictures of it.  I know what your thinking, "It has Dan's genes and will be wearing knitted clothing until the age of five?!"  I also hope to read from my favorites during the child's bedtime.  This will include the pontifications of Thoreau, King Jr., Bourdieu, and Marx.  Either the child will join the extremes of hippiedom or rebel and be the most materialistic capitalist ever to walk the Earth.  I have convinced myself that the latter wouldn't be so bad because the child could pay for my retirement.  I am going to get going now but I do encourage all who read this to watch the SNL skit of the vice presidential debate on nbc.com.  

1 comment:

Mike said...

Priceless, I'm crossing my fingers for the hippie, perhaps dreads for his 5th b-day?