Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Confessions of a pregnant crazy person . . .
Okay so I admit I actually had a terrible attitude on Thanksgiving, was quite ornery and rude to my in-laws and generally felt sorry for myself. Why do you ask? Because I was being a spoiled brat. Thankfully on the following Sunday at church we had excellent speakers and I was reminded of what this time of year is really about. Unfortunately, it was too late for some sorry suckers that had already spent time with me. I truly had great reason to be thankful I was just ignoring it. I have a wonderful family and in-laws that are so supportive and generous and we really couldn't ask for more from them. I frequently say how lucky I am to have married into the family I did, however, apparently it is really easy to take people for granted when you are working on growing a person. I also can never express enough how truly lucky I am to have met and married the man I did. I do not know what I would do without him and I am so grateful to have him in my life. How lucky that I got an honest, hard-working, patient, kind, therapist all in one (how you liking the post you kept telling me to do Dan? ;op) I also am blessed with amazing supportive friends. I can honestly say I probably have the best group of girlfriends right now that I have ever had and I am SO grateful. Not only that, but Dan actually encourages me to spend time with them. Anyway, either the glucose drink I just had to do before my Dr's appt or this post is making me sick so... on to other topics. Pregnancy is going well, it seems to be flying by and right now I feel like I could use a little more time to pull myself together and become an adult. Dan says I am following the textbooks as far as normal nesting behavior and when I worry about what, so hopefully that means I will actually have some instinctual ideas of how to care for the poor thing as well. Solo decided to give us a practice run of getting up in the middle of the night when he was sick last week. Fortunately for Dan he slept right through it and can thus expect to sleep through the kid too. Unfortunately for me it just reaffirmed how much I love sleep and hate being woken up. One bonus to the the baby is that I won't have to go out in the freezing cold to let him go potty or walk to the dumpster following every said trip outside. As christmas approaches I was realizing our apartment is pretty tiny and our fake tree probably won't fit so I was not planning on doing any christmas decorations. I was pretty bummed because my ornaments are my favorite decoration. My mom has been giving us one ornament per year since we were little kids and they are so sentimental now. I love looking through them each year and remembering the milestones and other events they represent. Dan comes from a family of very matching synchronized trees. The first year we were married his response when seeing my ornaments of all different shapes and sizes was, "You aren't putting those on our tree are you?" I told him of course I was and did. Now that he has a few of his own I realize he is much more interested in our non-matching but very meaningful ornaments. It is by far my favorite tradition and always one of my favorite gifts to open each year. So, I figured, no ornaments no decorations. But, last weekend I was nesting pretty bad and decided I better get out my nativity at least to help me focus on what is really important. I am so glad I did, I ended up pulling everything but the tree and trimmings out and putting it up. Surprisingly Dan who usually complains about the decorations said it looked great and was very complimentary. (Goes to show how scary I am pregnant) I also spent two hours moving the previously mentioned HUGE (not really that huge) baby furniture around trying to make it fit better. Surprise, surprise it ended up back in the exact same spot. Thanks for that trait mom, it was a great work-out. Anyway, off to another Dr's appt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment