Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree


Okay, I didn't really think I was being that pathetic, but according to Dan and our last post I was.  However, I am so lucky to have such a sweet and thoughtful husband.  I went to register at Babies 'R Us with my sister Monday night.  Dan didn't go because we had pretty well picked out all of the stuff that he would care about and weren't putting any really large things on our registry.  I figured who better to do it with than someone who has three kids.  (although I must apologize to my sister because it still took a ridiculous amount of time.)  When I got home Dan had a wonderful surprise for me.  It was a christmas miracle! He had replaced our old fake tree, moved stuff so it would fit in our living room and had it all set up for me to decorate.  It was so sweet of him.  So, we have a tree after all and I got to get out my ornaments in the end.  It is a bit of a small tree in a cramped space so go ahead and laugh at how squished the ornaments are.  I couldn't leave any of them off of it of course so they are in tight quarters.

2 comments:

Karissa said...

It looks cute. You said it was a little tree. That doesn't look to little to me.. You must have some big rats to take that tree out :) Watch out for them.

Emily said...

The tree looks awesome! That was really nice of Daniel. I'm with you, it's so much fun to have sentimental ornaments. My grandma made me one every year growing up and then Dave and I started the tradition of buying one, or more, each year to remember things we did. It's always fun to reminisce as we're putting them up.

EMILY
P.S. I didn't think your previous posts were insane, I found them quite amusing - I guess I should have commented on them then. :)