Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009 and St. George

Happy New Year!  I know this is incredibly cliche but time flies!  It's already 2009.  This will definitely be a big year for us with the baby on the way.  We have been setting new year resolutions and MK suggested we put naming the baby as one of our goals.  It is somewhat narrowed down to Kingston and Shadrach for the first name.  As many of you know we each have a preference for one of them.  Either way the baby will be a big step for us and so far MK has been an excellent mother.  On a side note, I won't  be surprised if our baby has an insatiable appetite for ice cream due to the large quantities of ice cream consumption that MK has been involved with.  (although this has actually diminished substantially since prior to pregnancy) We just got back from St. George visiting my brother and his wife.  It was difficult to come back to the frigid tundra that is Salt Lake.  I went mountain biking on Friday and it must have been close to 60 degrees.  It is going to be hard to wait for summer.  On Saturday my brother and I climbed a small hill to take pictures of the sunrise.  Unfortunately, there were no good sunrise pictures but I did get some OK pictures of the landscape and cityscape.  MK knitted a whole hat while she talked with my sister-in-law and watched TLC.  Thanks to my brother and his wife for letting us stay there and thanks to my sister and her family for watching our beloved Solo.




This is my brother.  Doesn't he look handsome!





3 comments:

Mike said...

Hey guys happy new year from the land of 85 degrees and sunny

Emily said...

Mikaela - you need to teach me how to knit so I look productive while I talk. :) We're glad you guys could come stay.

EMILY

P.S. Yes, he does look handsome! :)

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! MK, I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going! I miss you. I tried calling you the other day but it went to message. I hope you're feeling well and are having some pre-baby fun.