Sunday, January 18, 2009
SEVEN WEEKS AND COUNTING
WELL, WE ARE IN THE FINAL STRETCH OF PREGNANCY NOW. I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR THOSE WEEKLY APPOINTMENTS TO START NEXT WEEK (PLEASE NOTE, THAT WAS SARCASM). WE STILL HAVEN'T AGREED ON A NAME AND I NEVER DID MANAGE TO SIGN UP FOR A BIRTHING CLASS-REALLY BAD IDEA SINCE I WOULD LIKE TO DO IT NATURALLY--BUT HOPEFULLY THAT ALL WORKS ITSELF OUT. LIFE HAS A FUNNY WAY OF THROWING YOU TWISTS AND TURNS YOU DON'T EXPECT THOUGH AND SO YOU JUST NEVER KNOW. I JUST KEEP TRYING TO REMIND MYSELF TO BE PATIENT AND THAT GOD KNOWS BETTER THAN I DO. DAN IS BACK IN SCHOOL NOW WHICH KEEPS HIM PRETTY BUSY. UNFORTUNATELY, THE BABY WILL BE COMING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEMESTER WHICH I THINK CAUSES HIM A LITTLE EXTRA ANXIETY. PLENTY OF OTHER PEOPLE HAVE DONE IT THOUGH. I AM ALSO GUESSING THEY MIGHT BE A LITTLE MORE UNDERSTANDING OF THE SITUATION IN A GRADUATE PROGRAM AT WESTMINSTER THAN THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN AT BYU. I ACTUALLY REMEMBER THE SYLLABUS OF ALMOST EVERY CLASS MENTIONING THAT A WEDDING OR BABY WAS NOT AN EXCUSE TO MISS CLASS, ASSIGNMENTS, OR TESTS AND WOULD NOT GET SYMPATHY FROM THE TEACHER. (I FOUND IT TO BE TRUE THE SUMMER I GOT MARRIED TOO, LUCKILY I ALSO GOT PRETTY SICK AND MY ORGANIC CHEMISTRY PROFESSOR TOOK PITY ON ME) I SUPPOSE THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS THOUGH WHEN HALF OF THE STUDENTS PROBABLY HAS ONE OF THOSE TWO EVENTS HAPPEN PER YEAR. I MUST SAY I DON'T MISS SCHOOL. I'VE STARTED TRAINING MY REPLACEMENT AT WORK WHICH IS A LITTLE SURREAL. IT SEEMS PRETTY WEIRD TO THINK ABOUT IT ALREADY. HOWEVER, I DO QUITE A BIT OF TECHNICAL COMPUTER WORK TO KEEP UP ON OUR INVENTORY ETC. AND THEY WANT TO BE SURE I DON'T GO INTO LABOR EARLY AND LEAVE THE GIRL STRANDED. (I KIND OF TOOK THE POSITION IN A FASHION SIMILAR TO THAT AND THE TRANSITION WAS A LITTLE UGLY- I DON'T THINK THEY WANT TO REPEAT IT.) ASIDE FROM THAT AND CONTINUING TO JUST GET BIGGER NOT MUCH ELSE IS NEW FOR NOW. IF ANYONE HAS ANY GREAT MIDDLE NAME IDEAS TO GO WITH SHADRACH THOUGH WE WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I was thinking that about 2 days after you have your baby we are going to start having everyone at work and call you about food, pet supplies and everything else they can't figure out on there own. It makes you feel needed (I liked it, not!!) :)
I can't believe you only have 7 weeks left! That's crazy! :) I'm excited for you! But, you never know, this babe could come early! My little girl came 3 1/2 weeks early! I was not prepared (as in, car seat was still in the box, awesome!)
Wow 7 weeks left! You ARE on the countdown now! And yep everything will work itself out in the end. I mean, it has to right?
Congrats on the the upcoming little one. I can't believe you are already only 7 weeks out, it just seems like yesterday (to me anyway) that Kris was telling me you were expecting!
Wishing you the best!
Lisa Rask (Kris's sister)
Hey Mikaela, I hope you don't mind me leaving a comment. I found your blog on Kris's and decided to take a look :)
Jeff was in School when I had our baby last summer and it was surprisingly okay. I think the biggest shock for me was coming home from the hospital and not having all the nurses waiting on me hand and foot.
You will do great though and you will be surprised how much you can love something so fast. Oh and good luck on the natural thing. All I can say about that is YOU ARE CRAZY!
Shadrack is growing on me. Maybe you could give him a latin or middle eastern middle name so you could thouroughly confuse everyone about his ethnicity as I fully expect the Palestian in Dan to show through.
Mike, thanks for appreciating my Palestinian input!
So did you guys let little Shadrach listen into the Inauguration last night? You know you could always go with Hussein as a middle name since the baby will be born in the year of Obama. Man, I can't believe you only have 7 weeks left. I'm very excited for you, although I know you're feelings might tend more towards terrified ;) I still have no doubt you'll be awesome parents. Take my word for it. Mikaela, I need to call you. So expect to hear from me soon. Seriously, for a middle name... how about Weston or Levi?
I didn't realize you were due so soon!! How exciting. Don't worry about not doing a birthing class. I went natural with the first 2 kids and when you're in the moment you forget everything that you practiced anyway. The nurses just told me how to breath correctly and I focused on a little red light on the ceiling and called it good! You'll do awesome.
Can't wait to see pics of the little guy.
Only 7 weeks left? Wow, time does fly. You could go with a simple middle name like Lee or Michael. Hey, you could even call him Shadrach Daniel Phillips. I like it already ;). Can't wait to see the little guy. Oh, and don't worry about birthing classes. Nothing ever goes as planned during the real labor anyway. If you are worried, just read a pregnancy book and then write down your questions and ask them when you get to the hospital. Look on the bright side - at least they'll all speak English! Oh, and do you get any time off BEFORE the baby comes? I want to talk to you but the timing issue is a bit difficult. Miss you!
Post a Comment