Sunday, February 15, 2009

Will the real MK please stand up...

 . . . okay, for those of you who didn't realize that was not me in the last post I am horribly ashamed.  Dan likes to sign in to my accounts sometimes and pretend he is me.  Those of you saved in my e-mail contacts may have received strange forwards from me in the past, this can be attributed to the same thing.  I don't know if this is an outlet for his wish that he was more like me or if he is trying to make a version of me he likes more, either way you should be able to tell the difference.  Less than three weeks to go and I am starting to understand how it feels to just want the pregnancy part over with.  Of course, I  keep reminding myself that then I will be recovering from a traumatic physical experience, getting absolutely no sleep at all, worrying about keeping the baby alive non-stop and have the added pressure of figuring out how to be a dairy cow at the same time.  I try and prepare myself and think that the swollen ankles, acid reflux, inability to breath, and feet living between my ribs are nothing in comparison.  We are trying to get prepared and I have certainly felt the urge to "nest" as they say but we will actually be moving just a few weeks after the baby is born.  This means our house is in a little bit of turmoil at this point.  Empty and packed boxes have taken over while I am preparing for the exciting transition of moving out of our  apartment.  However, it does leave me rather conflicted as I keep wanting to set up a nursery that will not get used until after the move and therefore should be getting packed up instead of set up. In addition, our little boy may experience a little bit of confusion when his new room is set up since it has lavender walls.  I am not complaining though, I would take bright orange walls at this point.  We have been so very blessed by people's generosity though and I am feeling as though we pretty much have all the "stuff" we need, now I just need the skills to use it.  A big huge thanks to Karissa, Jessica, and the rest of the girls at my work who threw a shower this last week and literally bought everything on my registry that the store carried and I didn't have yet. Thanks to everyone who contributed and Tracy, thanks for letting us take over your gorgeous house.  This baby, Dan and I have been so spoiled!   Dan is still working hard in school and trying to get ahead so that he doesn't fall behind when we have our first child, move and he has finals all within two months of each other.  He also continues to work full time, he wants to be Superman when he grows up.  We figure why not make things completely insane, right?  I believe we have settled on a first name, but the middle name hasn't been sorted out and of course there are no guarantees.  Amazing to think people use to have to wait to know the gender after the baby was born, now people are shocked we don't have things monogrammed two and a half weeks before.  Time certainly flys when you are freaked out about the future haha.  Well, we will keep you posted.  If I do as poor of a job of keeping our blog updated this time around as last then the baby will be here already, hopefully that doesn't happen.  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your posts Mikaela, they're just so you. Don't worry about the moving when your baby is 2 weeks old thing, it will all get sorted out. Believe me, I know :) I'm so happy for you with the new condo though. I must admit, I've been a little worried about your crack-pot/meth-lab apartment complex.
Dan, you definitely already are Superman. Keep on keeping on. Can't wait to see you guys in a few months!

jessicalangprice said...

Three weeks to go! AH! I need to call you...maybe today because it is snowing and we will be home most of the day. I'll give it a try at least. How frustrating that you can't set up the nursery yet - I know the feeling of wanting to get all that ready and not being able to. But you're MOVING!? What happened. I REALLY need to talk to you. Hang in there, just remember the longer the baby is in, the more likely it is to be healthy, nurse well, etc. Wish I could see you now!

keri said...

Mikaela,I'm so sorry I missed your shower! I feel so bad. I've got some stuff for you I need to bring you. I hope everything goes well in the final stretch! Let us know if you need help moving. We have a truck we can bring!

Emily said...

I can't believe how close it's getting! I am curious to know if you'd prefer the pregnancy pains vs. actually having a baby around?? I'm sure many women have that dilema of which would be better. :)