We left Shad overnight for the first time last week. He spent one night at Grammie and Gramps house in Salt Lake and then drove down to Vegas with them to spend a night with some cousins and his aunt and uncle the next night. As much as I love my little boy, it was fantastic to not be "mommy" for a little bit! It was really nice to just spend some time with Dan. Additionally, since we spent much of that time in the car driving between home, St George and Arizona trying to take care of some serious business it was great to not have to drag him along. He seemed to have a terrific time with all of the extended family and they claim he was a really good boy, but they could definitely just be saying that.
There is no doubt he was spoiled to death, but I have been told that is what grandparents are for. It was great to know he was in good hands with people he loves to spend time with. I took some advice I have heard from several people and figured that even if it was going terribly there wasn't anything we could do about it and didn't worry at all. We are so lucky to have family that is so willing to help us out and Shad loves every minute with them! Also thanks to the aunts and uncles for putting up with us and him and being a bed and breakfast for us! Now that we know how well he does I might just be tempted to do sleep overs more often. Hopefully, they took pictures and I can post them to show he had a great time. Here are a few I took after meeting up in St George.
Shad, Gramps and Brooklyn reading a book together. Once again, Shad is making truck noises. Between trucks and animals he doesn't say much english.
Shad making his uncle David proud by carrying around some mechanical manual and pretending to read it while making truck noises. (and yes, that is his cousin's toy piano he is sitting on, and yes it is playing music as a result.)
No comments:
Post a Comment