All of my in-laws are great organizers and planners. As a result of this trait they were all prepared to send us home from Thanksgiving with our Christmas gifts. Great thinking, and I am sure it made it more fun to be able to purchase gifts without having to worry how much it would cost to ship it. The only down side to this scenario is that Shad is old enough this year to understand about Christmas presents. From the moment they were loaded into the car he was asking to "mopen" them. Despite a few days of telling him no it was not getting better. Leave it to Dan to think of the genius idea of making a count-down chain to help him understand that three weeks is a LONG time. Dan brought the construction paper home from school ( I know, super mom, I didn't have any.) and helped Shad make it and explain what it was etc. He also made some paper snowflakes and hung it all up in Shad's room. So incredible. Shad was ecstatic.
![]() |
| I am not sure if he likes it or not. |
After this super Dad move I shouldn't have been surprised when on Saturday while he was cleaning up the garage he actually built Shad a house with the box to the water softener that had just been installed and another empty box. Ironically, I actually had thought of using the softener box for something like this. But Dan is so much better about actually doing things and obviously got around to it rather than just thinking about it. Not to mention the fact I would have simply handed Shad a Sharpie and told him to draw a door and called it good. I came out to the garage to find Shad playing in his house and riding his bike as happy as can be.
![]() |
| Yeah, it even had a functioning window. |
Climbing in.
| Looking out the window. |



No comments:
Post a Comment