Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Happy Baby

Okay, so I am terrible at taking pictures.  Every time I do actually get my camera out my pictures are really bad and kind of discourages me from bothering.  Especially when I have several friends who are amazing child photographers.  I use to love photography but I realize that was back before every thing was digital and so complicated. . . and when I primarily took pictures of flowers.  So much simpler.  Seeing as I never have pictures I have a hard time convincing myself to update my blog since I know from reading other blogs that pictures make it so much better.  That being said, I am vowing to do better and actually get out my amazing massive camera and overlook the fact that all of my bad pictures are due to user error.  So, finally pictures of Bailey for everyone's enjoyment.
Bailey is a super happy, content baby.  If she isn't okay playing on the floor or in her booster seat you can bet she is hungry or tired.  Like Shad she is amazing about going to sleep by her self.  I lay her down with her binky and pull her blanket up to her face  ( she pulls it over her eyes.  Ever since I quit putting socks on her hands she likes her blanket over her eyes) and she rolls over and goes right to sleep.  She is finally sleeping through the night too.  She still wakes up around one sometimes but if I give her a binky she goes back to sleep.

Of course the one with her smiling AT the camera was taken on the wrong setting. . . seriously.

Any time I try to take pictures of Bailey Shad joins in.  I love that he loves his sister, but sometimes he loves her a little too hard.
 
She gives very sloppy kisses, or considering who we are talking about, she may be trying to eat him.
She is getting very smiley and laughing out loud now.  As cute as those squeal laughs are it is more rewarding to get a belly laugh.

She definitely wants EVERYTHING in her mouth.  She wasn't really interested in solids but then something clicked on Thanksgiving.  I ground some turkey and sweet potatoes and she hasn't stopped eating since.  She tried to eat the plate at outback and was literally shaking and biting me for more bread.  Typical girl.

Yes, she is wearing tiger stripes.  Fitting considering she looks just like Aubrey in this picture.

4 comments:

Momma Ann said...

Darling pictures. That last one is a mini Mikaela for sure. Also loved the ones of Dan and Shad. Yes he is a fantastic dad but you are a marvelous mom too. Don't forget it. Happy holidays. Hope I can get this message to go this time. For some reason I have a harder time with your blog than any others.

Daisha said...

She is so cute Mikaela!!!! Simply adorable.

Kylen and Adrienne said...

Aah, so cute. I was seriously JUST thinking about you and was going to email you and ask you for some pics of this girl. She is so adorable!

Jenn said...

FINALLY, I've been anxiously awaiting your blog updates since our last phone conversation :) She is a doll, like....really really cute! So fun you get to dress up a girl, I'm jealous. Keep it up! If you ever feel bad about your pictures just look at mine, I'm a terrible photographer but I keep at it!